The Barco Library
The Barco Library Introduction. 0:33 Minutes. Watch on YouTube
The Barco Library is home to the world's largest collection of printed resources and equipment exclusively regarding the cable industry, and it is routinely consulted by professionals working on wide-ranging projects—from documentaries and news productions to books and publications. Included in the Barco Library holdings are the following types of materials:
- Hauser Oral and Video History Collection - More than 300 audio and video recordings that tell the stories of our industry's icons and influencers.
- Published materials - More than 3,000 cable-specific books and 300 industry-specific trade periodicals.
- Equipment Archives - More than 2,000 pieces of equipment tracing the technological advances of the cable industry.
- Manuscripts - More than 120 collections containing the correspondence, memoranda, drawings and other papers of industry notables.
- Photographs - 100,000 (and counting) original prints, negatives, slides and digital photos chronicling the pictorial history of the cable industry.
- Memorabilia - More than 2,000 items commemorating the industry's people, organizations and events.
- Media Collection - A wide array of videos featuring programs, cable shows, training and people involved in the cable industry.