Press Releases 2015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
Emily Gibson
Marketing and Communications Manager
303-549-4512,

Cable Center’s Henthorn Named As One of The More Powerful Women in Cable

janaPhotoDENVER, November 19, 2015 – Jana Henthorn, incoming president and CEO of The Cable Center has been named as one of the Most Powerful Women in Cable. The award, bestowed by Cablefax, recognizes female thought leaders who are driving innovation across the industry.

Henthorn will be celebrated, along with her peers, at an honoree breakfast ceremony in New York on Friday. Additionally, she is featured in the November issue of Cablefax Magazine, the entirety of which is dedicated to the list of women who are transforming the cable and broadband industry through their leadership.

“I am grateful for this recognition and honored to be included among such a talented group of women. I would not be where I am today without my mentors and friends, including Steffie Allen, Ruth Warren, the late Glenn Jones and the Denver cable community,” said Henthorn.

Henthorn, who has called Colorado home for almost 40 years, has been with The Cable Center since 2004 and currently serves as senior vice president of academic and industry outreach. She has overseen Customer Experience Management initiatives, led the industry’s first study measuring customer care and reinvigorated The Cable Center’s Oral History Program. Henthorn will take the reins as The Cable Center’s president and CEO effective January 1. She will be the first woman to serve in the role in the 30-year history of The Center.

“It is important to recognize the women who are transforming the industry and the business community, and Jana is extremely deserving of this award. Jana is passionate about the industry and The Cable Center. She has the business acumen, industry knowledge and the vision and experience to serve as our next president and CEO,” said Diane Christman, senior vice president, marketing and development.

Prior to The Cable Center, Henthorn was vice president of affiliate sales for A&E Television Networks where she led the network sales team for 16 states and two regional offices. She also served as vice president of operations and service fulfillment for Jones Intercable, one of the top 10 cable distributors at that time.

Henthorn is the recipient of numerous other industry awards including: induction into the Cable Pioneers in 2010; a charter fellow of the Betsy Magness Leadership Institute in 1994; WICT Rocky Mountain Partner of the Industry award in 2008 and WICT National Chapter Advisor of the Year in 2012.

Henthorn says her biggest inspiration is her dad, a retired aerospace engineer. “He taught me everything about how to navigate the corporate world and achieve my goals.”

About The Cable Center
Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is a nonprofit organization serving the cable telecommunications industry. The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry, and of the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, for more information.