FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
The Cable Center Names 2016 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee
DENVER, March 16, 2016 – The Cable Center announced today the members of its 2016 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee. The committee members will serve as the official ambassadors for the Cable Hall of Fame celebration. The committee is chaired by Michael Willner, president and CEO, Penthera Partners, Inc. Mike Fries, president and CEO, Liberty Global serves as international chair.
The members of the committee are:
• Decker Anstrom, former president, Landmark Communications, Inc.
• Bridget Baker, director, General Communications, Inc.; president, Baker Media Inc.
• Nomi Bergman, president, Bright House Networks
• Mark Bowser, EVP and CFO, Cox Communications, Inc.
• Steve Burke, CEO, NBCUniversal
• Ann Carlsen, founder and CEO, Carlsen Resources, Inc.
• Rocco B. Commisso, chairman and CEO, Mediacom Communications Corporation
• Leslie Ellis, Ellis Edits Inc.
• Jerry Kent, chairman and CEO, Cequel III
• Brian Lamb, executive chairman, C-SPAN
• Cordey Lash, managing partner, iQon Productions
• Paul Maxwell, Media-Max Advisors
• Robert Miron, chairman and CEO (retired), Bright House Networks
• Les Read, executive director, Cable TV Pioneers
• Steve Simmons, chairman, Patriot Media
• David Zaslav, president and CEO, Discovery Communications
“We greatly appreciate the time and dedication these industry leaders have given by serving on our Honorary Committee. Their support of The Cable Center is invaluable,” said Jana Henthorn, president and CEO. “Our Cable Hall of Fame celebration is only two months away, and we are looking forward to honoring our seven new honorees on May 16!”
The Cable Center will host the 19th annual Cable Hall of Fame celebration on Monday, May 16, 2016 at the Westin Boston Waterfront, in conjunction with the National Cable & Telecommunications Association’s (NCTA) Internet and Television Expo (INTX). The event program will also include the presentation of the Bresnan Ethics in Business Award, honoring the late William J. Bresnan, to Amos B. Hostetter, Jr.
The Cable Hall of Fame is sponsored by Bright House Networks, Comcast, Scripps Networks Interactive, Discovery Communications, CommScope, Alpha Technologies, Cablefax, Multichannel News, Broadband Library, Cynopsis, FierceCable, LightReading, and SmartBrief. For more information on the Cable Hall of Fame celebration, visit www.cablehalloffame.com, or call 720-502-7500.
About The Cable Center
Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is a nonprofit organization serving the cable telecommunications industry. The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry, and of the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, www.twitter.com/TheCableCenter and www.facebook.com/TheCableCenter for more information.
About The Cable Hall of Fame Celebration
The industry's best networking event, the Cable Hall of Fame honors those in the cable industry who have made a lasting contribution to the advancement of the industry. The official Cable Hall of Fame hashtag is #cablehof. For more information, visit www.cablehalloffame.com or call 720-502-7500.