FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, contact:
The Cable Center Names 2018 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committees
DENVER, February 20, 2018 – The Cable Center announced today the members of its 2018 Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee. The 21st annual Cable Hall of Fame will be held April 4, 2018, at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York City. The committee members will serve as the official ambassadors for the Cable Hall of Fame celebration. The committee is chaired by Michael Willner, president and CEO, Penthera Partners, Inc.
The members of the committee are:
- Michael S. Willner, Chair, President and CEO, Penthera Partners, Inc.
- Michael T. Fries, International Chair, President and CEO, Liberty Global
- Bridget L. Baker, Founder and CEO, Baker Media Inc.
- James Blackley, EVP, Engineering and IT, Charter Communications
- Matthew C. Blank, Advisor, Showtime Networks Inc.
- Ann Carlsen, Founder and CEO, Carlsen Resources Inc.
- Italia Commisso Weinand, EVP, Programming and Human Resources, Mediacom Communications Corp.
- Baptiest Coopmans, Acting CTO, Liberty Global
- Terry Cordova, Vice Chairman, Business Development, Altice USA
- Frank M. Drendel, Chairman, CommScope
- Leslie Ellis, Ellis Edits, Inc.
- Paul Gould, Board Member, Discovery Communications, Liberty Global, and Liberty Latin America
- Marva Johnson, VP, State Government Affairs, South Region, Charter Communications
- Yvette Kanouff, SVP/GM, Service Provider Business, Cisco Systems
- Mike LaJoie, Former CTO, Time Warner Cable
- Paul S. Maxwell, Media-Max Advisors
- Steven A. Miron, CEO, Advance/Newhouse
- Les Read, Ambassador, The Cable Center
- Brian L. Roberts, Chairman and CEO, Comcast Corporation
- Thomas M. Rutledge, Chairman and CEO, Charter Communications
- Thomas R. Stanton, CEO and Chairman of the Board, ADTRAN
- David N. Watson, President and CEO, Comcast Cable
- Christopher L. Winfrey, CFO, Charter Communications
“It is an honor to welcome these leaders to our Cable Hall of Fame Honorary Committee, and we thank them for their dedication and support,” said Jana Henthorn, president and CEO, The Cable Center. “We can’t wait to hit the red carpet to celebrate our six new honorees at the Cable Hall of Fame event on April 4!”
In addition to inducting six new honorees, this year’s event program will also include the presentation of the Bresnan Ethics in Business Award, honoring the late William J. Bresnan, to June Travis.
The 21st annual Cable Hall of Fame is sponsored by Liberty Global, Liberty Latin America, Charter Communications, Arris, Discovery Communications, Carlsen Resources, FierceCable/PayTV Show, AMC Networks, HBO, Shaw, Time Warner, Cablefax, Cynopsis, LightReading, Multichannel News, and Vision Graphics.
For more information on the celebration and to secure sponsorships, visit www.cablehalloffame.com, or call 720-502-7513.
About The Cable Center
Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is a nonprofit organization serving the media and telecommunications industry. The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry, of the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources, as well as the Community of Innovators initiative that focus on industry innovation. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, www.twitter.com/TheCableCenter and www.facebook.com/TheCableCenter for more information.
About The Cable Hall of Fame Celebration
The industry's best networking event, the Cable Hall of Fame honors those in media who have made a lasting contribution to the advancement of the industry. The official Cable Hall of Fame hashtag is #cablehof. For more information, visit www.cablehalloffame.com or call 720-502-7513.