FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 14, 2018
Marketing & Communications Manager
The Cable Center
The Cable Center Announces Fall 2018 Intrapreneurship Academy Class
Nine-week program will teach 23 cable industry high performers how to effectively innovate within their organizations.
DENVER – August 14, 2018 – The Cable Center kicks off its fall 2018 Intrapreneurship Academy (IA) class today. Twenty-three cable industry rising stars, termed “Intrapreneurs,” will participate in this innovation-focused development program, which is designed to educate and empower the next generation of industry leaders. The Intrapreneurs represent a wide range of job functions and departments, from sales and product management to software engineering, CX, communications, and data analysis. IA’s fall class will include participants from 605, CableLabs, Charter Communications, Comcast, CWC/FLOW, Mediacom, Midco, and WOW!
Through in-person and online learning opportunities, the fall IA class will gain knowledge and skills as they apply them to real-world projects. Ninety-three percent of alumni from IA’s spring class, who graduated in June 2018, agreed that they made meaningful progress on their project by the end of the class. One hundred percent stated they learned new skills or tools they could use, and 100 percent said they would be able to apply what they learned in IA to their current role. Ninety-four percent said that IA created value for their company, and 93 percent felt that IA was a good to excellent experience.
"We’ve made improvements to the program each time based on participant feedback,” said Janice Silver, director of the Intrapreneurship Academy. “One such change to the last session was to engage our Intrapreneurs’ sponsors from the outset, and provide them materials throughout. This really kept them involved and proved to be one of the keys to the Intrapreneurs' success."
The program culminates in a two-day Capstone event at The Cable Center where participants will tie together everything they have learned with the creation of an innovation action plan.
The Cable Center’s fall 2018 class of Intrapreneurs are:
- Kelly Carper, director of marketing, WOW!
- Ulugbek Ergashev, senior product analyst – Machine Q, Comcast
- Whitney Fennell, vice president, retail sales and distribution, CWC/FLOW
- Jacob Ferlin, manager, product reporting, residential, Charter Communications
- Austin Flynn, senior manager, product management, residential, Charter Communications
- Hanna Frisendahl, senior video products analyst, Charter Communications
- Stephanie Gall, product manager, 605
- Liz Kennedy, director of planning, analysis and QA, WOW!
- Michelle MacFee, director of residential products, WOW!
- Joseph Rysavy, consumer products manager, Midco
- Avinash Sammeta, software principal 1, software development operations, Charter Communications
- Kym Semmens, senior program manager, Charter Communications
- Tjeerd Simons, engineer 4, Comcast
- Ann Sookswat, senior manager, business development, Charter Communications
- Sarah Sprague, office manager, Comcast
- Cody Stansbery, senior manager, enterprise tech support, Comcast
- John Sweet, manager, accessibility, Charter Communications
- Lagwana Tyler, director, field support center, Mediacom
- Jerome Utley, manager, strategic development, Comcast
- Stephen Vaccaro, manager, data analytics, Mediacom
- Lisa Warther, senior project manager, CableLabs
- Lisa Wiles, manager, product customer identity, Charter Communications
- Tess Wolf, product manager, Charter Communications
“I’m really impressed with this class’ breadth and depth of experience,” said Jana Henthorn, president and CEO at The Cable Center. “This illustrates our central premise that innovation can happen at all levels, and in all areas, of an organization.”
IA is part of a larger initiative, the Community of Innovators (COI), a first-of-its-kind program for the cable industry, which connects people and ideas, and advances innovation through educational programs and support targeting three primary communities: high-potential industry employees, the startup community, and university students. For more information about the Intrapreneurship Academy or The Cable Center, visit www.cablecenter.org.
About The Cable Center
The Cable Center is an educational nonprofit organization serving the media and telecommunications industry. We tell the story of the cable industry, highlighting for the global community the significant contributions made to technology, society, and culture. Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry; the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources; as well as the Community of Innovators with a focus on intrapreneurship, connecting people and ideas to advance innovation. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, www.twitter.com/TheCableCenter, and www.facebook.com/TheCableCenter for more information.