FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 5, 2019
The Cable Center Announces Intrapreneurship Academy Class 4 Participants and Program Rebranding
8-week program will teach 19 multinational cable industry rising leaders how to innovate within their organizations. Class 4 is the first class following the program’s rebranding.
DENVER – February 5, 2019 – Following a marketing rebranding early last month, The Cable Center is kicking off Class 4 of its Intrapreneurship Academy today at its Denver headquarters. Nineteen multinational cable industry rising leaders will participate in this innovation-focused development program, which is designed to give the next generation of industry leaders the tools for practicing innovation and effecting change within their organizations.
Debuting a fresh new logo and tagline, “Tomorrow’s innovators start here,” the Intrapreneurship Academy (IA) program is welcoming its fourth class of high performers, called “intrapreneurs.” With the goal of driving innovation in all areas of the industry—from marketing to human resources to engineering to programming—IA has quickly become a gold standard industry program and has graduated 59 intrapreneurs since its first class in 2017.
The Class 4 participants represent a wide range of departments and roles, and is IA’s most multinational class to date, including participants from Comcast India; Cable & Wireless, Honduras; Cable & Wireless, Panama; and Liberty Latin America, Puerto Rico. Previous classes included participants from FLOW, Jamaica and C&W Business, Colombia.
“We’re pleased to welcome this diverse group of emerging industry leaders to The Cable Center. These intrapreneurs represent many different departments and job functions, and also represent different organizations around the world,” said Janice Silver, director of IA and of marketing and programs at The Cable Center. “We are excited to see IA’s influence extend throughout our global industry, and we look forward to working with our most multinational class yet.”
“We are thrilled to have this next class of innovators in the building,” said Jana, president and CEO of The Cable Center. “This is a unique class in terms of its multinational and departmental diversity, and The Cable Center is proud to be connecting members of our industry around the globe. We have literally ‘gone global’ and couldn’t be more excited to be advancing innovation in our industry on an international scale.”
The Cable Center’s IA Class 4 participants are:
- Pedro Baez, senior installation manager, Liberty Latin America, Puerto Rico
- Kat Berry, senior director, client services, S&D Marketing | Advertising
- Maria Corina Betancourt, finance director, Cable & Wireless, Panama
- Francesca Bliss, senior writer, NCTA
- Lorena Chavarria, senior marketing regional manager, Cable & Wireless, Honduras
- Sean Crotty, director software development, Charter Communications
- Lisa DeHayes, senior instructional designer, Charter Communications
- Jimmy Freimark, senior manager engineering, Charter Communications
- Manoj Hebbaradi, software engineer, Charter Communications
- Michelle Hurt, senior manager engineering, Charter Communications
- Sydney Lauer, manager, Sand Cherry
- Jeremy Meissner, principal engineer, Charter Communications
- Rob Mengert, senior manager engineering, Charter Communications
- Tracy Norris, web development manager, Cable ONE
- Krithika Raman, VP product engineering, Comcast India
- Ed Rankin, business fulfillment manager, Cable ONE
- Joshua Rodriguez, API test lead, Charter Communications
- Kristin Turner, people director, Liberty Global
- Richard Weinstein, vice president, digital media, C-SPAN
Combining in-person and online facilitated self-study, IA participants will work through real-world projects as they complete each tailored learning module over eight weeks. IA is part of a larger umbrella initiative at The Cable Center, the Community of Innovators (COI), which connects people and ideas and advances innovation through educational programs and supportive resources.
For more information about the Intrapreneurship Academy and The Cable Center, visit www.cablecenter.org.
About The Cable Center
The Cable Center is an educational nonprofit organization serving the media and telecommunications industry. We tell the story of the cable industry, highlighting for the global community the significant contributions made to technology, society, and culture. Based in Denver, Colorado, The Cable Center is the home of the Cable Hall of Fame, recognizing individuals for their outstanding contributions to the industry; the Barco Library, the world’s largest collection of cable-related information and resources; as well as the Community of Innovators with a focus on intrapreneurship, connecting people and ideas to advance innovation. Visit us at www.cablecenter.org, www.twitter.com/TheCableCenter, and www.facebook.com/TheCableCenter for more information.