The Cable Center Customer Centric Consortium (C5) is a unique, invitation-only group focused on advancing customer experience (CX) in the cable industry. C5 members share CX strategies, operations, and leadership to help cable operators build and deliver the best possible experience for subscribers.
There is no equivalent organization where cable executives, responsible for key decisions on managing the service and experience of subscribers, can learn and share best practices with CX thought leaders from within and outside the industry.
C5: MEMBER BENEFITS
C5 provides educational, research, and collaborative learning opportunities to its members, including:
- Attendance at twice-yearly two-day conferences where members:
- Exchange best practices with industry business leaders – a practice unparalleled in any other industry
- Receive relevant updates on the regulatory environment
- Attend presentations from leaders outside the industry focused on the subscription economy
- Learn the latest CX research, including practical applications.
- Engagement in research projects that address issues identified by C5 members
- Participation in idea sharing at industry conferences throughout the year
- Keeping up to date on CX management thought leadership through access to white papers, articles, and studies.
C5 conferences are informal and engaging: members openly discuss their challenges and successes. C5 members willingly offer support and collaboration, exchanging ideas to help advance opportunities, on both personal and business levels. Take a moment to review the information on previous C5 Conferences, found under our “Previous Conference Highlights” navigation tab. Held twice a year (spring and fall), C5 Conference presentations include:
- “Egg-Timer” - MSO members share a recent CX initiative or challenge
- “Spotlight On…” and “Innovation Showcase” profile work of a C5 member
- “Fireside Chat” offers learning from C-Suite execs in the cable industry
- C5 association members provide updates
- Guest Speaker Keynotes offer learning from outside the industry
- CX solutions from Sponsoring Partners
- Research reports and updates by SFs, and
- other CX-related sessions.
Executive representatives from our member companies regularly attend the twice-yearly conferences to share CX advances within their own businesses, plus keep up to date on the latest CX innovations. C5 MSO members service almost 80% of cable subscribers operators in the U.S., comprising Blue Ridge Communications, Comcast, Cox, GCI, MCTV, Mediacom, Midco, Sparklight (formally Cable ONE), and Vyve Broadband. Four international operators are represented, comprising Liberty Global (Europe), Telecom Argentina (formerly Cablevision Argentina) and Claro Brasil (South America), and Shenzhen Topway (China). C5 is also supported by representatives from three cable industry associations—CableLabs, CTAM, and NCTA.
C5 is interested in limited growth of its membership to maximize diversity of operator members from all over the world so that we can all learn and grow. Diversity adds richness to the C5 group and is consistent with the global market direction of the industry. At the same time, expanding C5 membership will remain highly selective to preserve the open interaction and sharing of information among C5 members. Check out our Membership Brochure to find out more about joining this exclusive group.
C5 MSO Member Organizations
C5 Association Member Organizations
C5 SPONSORING PARTNERSHIPS
C5 also partners with vendors and suppliers to the cable industry to facilitate access to companies offering the latest innovations to advance CX for the businesses of our operator members. Vendors are considered strategic partners and, therefore, only a limited number of select companies are invited to support C5. Sponsoring Partnerships are vital to C5 for two key reasons:
- C5 relies on the financial support provided by our Partners to fund its efforts and help its members improve CX, and
- (2) C5 Partners present operational and technological CX solutions for our members.
In effect, Sponsoring Partnerships help our MSO executives stay at the forefront of CX innovations and proactively identify resolutions for improving business operations. Check out our Sponsoring Partnership Prospectus for more information on becoming involved and how to support this exclusive group.
C5 LEADERSHIP TEAM
C5 efforts are led by Dr. Charles Patti, The Cable Center’s Senior Fellow and James M. Cox Endowed Professor in Customer Experience, in conjunction with Senior Fellows, Drs. Maria van Dessel and Ron Rizzuto, and in consultation with TCC Senior Executive, Diane Christman, President adn CEO. The Senior Fellows develop the meeting agendas, drive an ongoing research agenda that is set by the interests of C5 members, and also offer workshops, seminars, and training in CX.
C5 is supported by five Executive Chairs, providing leadership and input on the governance and strategic direction of the Consortium, serving a three-year (renewable) appointment.
“Contact Us” to find out more about becoming a C5 Partner.