Highlights from C5 Fall 2018 Meeting
The C5 Spring 2018 Meeting took place on November 14-15, 2018, at The Cable Center, in Denver, Colorado.
Change was pretty much the theme of our Fall C5 meeting. Leaves are changing color and there’s a nip in the air too. We introduced a new name: C5 now means “Cable Center Customer Centric Consortium” (formerly Cable Center Customer Care Committee); two new members: Blue Ridge (Nicole Wininger) and Topway (Ray Lei); and CallMiner as our Dinner Sponsor (Todd Barber and Ryan Carrigan). We greeted Christopher Gowins (MCTV), Ted Hodgins (Comcast), and Amanda Schotzko (Midco), as new MSO member representatives. We also had three guests from G-Cable (Li Li, Yansheng Hu, and Jianxum Wang) as prospective new members, and eClerx (Kevin Zhender and Brian McIlhenny) as prospective sponsors…or visionary partners, as we now like to call them.
But, “new” was just a part of our Fall meeting. All of the favorites continued on, like…
- Egg-timer: Moderated by Cory Limberg (Midco) and Rodrigo Duclos (Net Serviços Brasil), all MSO members shared their latest CE initiatives.
- MSO Spotlight: Scott Fairchild, from Spectrum Enterprise/Charter, and
- Two guest speakers: Sean Albertson, Bianca Bickley, and Brad Cravens (all of Charles Schwab), Cole Schofield (Gusto)
Other contributions included:
- Improving CX Through Measurement by Chuck Patti (Cox Chair and Senior Fellow) and Steve Hartley (Co-Chair of the Marketing Department at the University of Denver.)
- Association Update by Mickie Calkins (CableLabs) and Wyatt Barnett (representing NCTA on behalf of Rob Stoddard
- New Technology for CX by UpRamp session, moderated by Lisa Schwab (CableLabs) and featured Katherine Gessner (MCTV), Brian Thibault (DeviceBits), Tom Green (Averon), and Rama Screenivasan (Blitzz)
- Update and new directions for our Call Center Metrics Study presented by Ron Rizzuto, Maria van Dessel, and Chuck Patti (all Senior Fellows at The Cable Center)
- CableLabs Proposal for Data Collection by Jacob Malone and Sanjay Patel (both of CableLabs),
- Brief commentary from Todd Barber on behalf of our Dinner Sponsor, CallMiner, and
- Special guest, Don Richards. Before dinner, DU alum and financial advisor, Don Richards, provided a brief commentary on the state of the current climate in Denver with insights on how the current financial situation affects the business environment.
Click on the links below to find out more about the highlights from the C5 Fall 2018 Meeting: