The Cable Center Customer Centric Consortium (C5) is a unique, invitation-only group focused on advancing customer experience in the cable industry. C5 members share customer experience strategies, operations, and leadership to help cable operators build and deliver the best possible experience for subscribers.
There is no equivalent organization where business innovators and decision makers can learn and share best practices with customer experience thought leaders from within and outside the industry.
C5: Member Benefits
C5 provides educational, research, and collaborative learning opportunities to its members, including:
- Attendance at twice-yearly two-day conferences where members:
- Exchange best practices with industry business leaders – a practice unparalleled in any other industry
- Receive relevant updates on the regulatory environment
- Attend presentations from leaders outside the industry focused on the subscription economy
- Learn the latest CX research including practical applications.
- Engagement in research projects that address issues identified by C5 members
- Participation in idea sharing at industry conferences throughout the year
- Keeping up to date on CEM thought leadership through access to white papers, articles, and studies.
C5 conferences are informal and engaging: members openly discuss their challenges and successes. Members MSOs express the invaluable benefits gained from getting an inside look at the strategies and tactics used by other successful operators. C5 members willingly offer support, and collaboration, exchanging ideas to help advance opportunities, on both personal and business levels. Take a moment to review the information on previous C5 Conferences, found under our “Previous Conference Highlights” navigation tab.
C5 is also excited to introduce the inaugural C5 Mini Exhibit at the C5 Fall 2019 Conference. A unique opportunity is available for ten companies to be one of limited number of exhibitors promoting their CX services and products to our members—executives focused on CX and learning the solutions our Exhibitor Partners offer. Check out our C5 Mini Exhibit brochure to find out more on showcasing your business to cable’s key decision-makers.
Our members regularly attend the twice-yearly conferences to share CX advances within their own businesses, plus keep up to date on the latest innovations in CXs. Current members include executives from among the leading cable operator companies in the U.S.A. (Blue Ridge Communications, Comcast, Cox, GCI, MCTV, Mediacom, Midco, Sparklight (formally Cable ONE), Spectrum Enterprise/Charter, Vyve Broadband); Canada (Rogers); Europe (Liberty); South America (Telecom Argentina (formerly Cablevision Argentina), Net Serviços Brasil), and China (Shenzhen Topway).
C5 is interested in diversity of membership from all over the world so that we can all learn and grow. Membership opportunities are expanding to include independent cable operators and cross-functional work groups such as sales and marketing, engineering, installation, service, and billing systems, etc., and industry associations – all with a focus on optimizing the customer experience across the entire industry. Check out our membership brochure to find out more about joining this exclusive group.
C5 also partners with key industry associations (CableLabs, CTAM, and NCTA) and vendors and suppliers to the cable industry to facilitate access to key information, education and collaborative opportunities. Partnerships with vendors and suppliers to the cable industry are vital to C5 for two key reasons: (1) C5 relies on the financial support provided by our partners to fund its efforts and help its members improve CX in cable, and (2) present operational and technological solutions for our cable operator members. This helps our MSO executives stay at the forefront of CX innovations and proactively identify resolutions for improving business processes within their organizations. Check out our partnership prospectus for more information on becoming involved and how to support this exclusive group.
C5 Leadership Team
C5 efforts are led by Dr. Charles Patti, The Cable Center’s Senior Fellow and James M. Cox Endowed Professor in Customer Experience, in conjunction with Senior Fellows Drs. Ron Rizzuto and Maria van Dessel, and in consultation with TCC Senior Executives, Jana Henthorn and Diane Christman. The Senior Fellows develop the meeting agendas, drive an ongoing research agenda that is set by the interests of C5 members, and also offer workshops, seminars, and training in CEM.
C5 is supported by five Executive Chairs, providing leadership and input on the governance and strategic direction of the Consortium, serving a three-year (renewable) appointment. Current C5 Executive Chairs:
- Graham Tutton, VP, Customer Insights at Comcast; C5 Exec. Chair, TCC; appointed until December 2020
- Andrés Piderit, VP, Machine Learning, Robotics, Back Office, Rogers Communications; C5 Exec. Chair, TCC; appointed until December 2019
- Jon Coscia, Group VP, Customer Operations, Mediacom; C5 Exec. Chair-Elect, TCC; appointment commences January 2020
- Suzanne Foy, Exec. Director, Customer Care, Cox Communications; Chair-Elect, TCC; appointment commences January 2020
- Kimberly Gibson, Senior Director, Customer Operations, Sparklight (formerly Cable ONE); Chair-Elect, TCC; appointment commences January 2020
- Simón Tadeo, Director, Customer Experience, Telecom Argentina; Chair-Elect, TCC; appointment commences January 2020.
“Contact Us” to find out more about becoming a C5 Partner.