Are you an Intrapreneur?
An intrapreneur drives innovation and harnesses creativity to transform an idea into a profitable venture, while operating within the organizational environment.
While an entrepreneur is defined as a person who establishes a new business with an innovative idea or concept, an intrapreneur undertakes innovations on behalf of their organization. Both entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs share similar qualities like conviction, creativity, zeal and insight, and both are instrumental in driving innovation.
The Cable Center’s Intrapreneurship Academy
The academy provides cable industry rising stars with the skills and mindset to become intrapreneurs: to envision and effect change, and to innovate within their organizations’ existing corporate structures. We believe innovation can be applied in any facet of your work—processes, products, programs, people, and technologies.
The academy is looking for candidates who display intrapreneurial behaviors and attributes. These include curiosity, a zeal for creating something new, passion for your work, and a penchant for asking questions.
The program is open to early and mid-career (manager, senior manager, director or VP) cable industry professionals (operators, vendors, programmers or associates) from any department or discipline who want to become intrapreneurs.
A core tenet of the curriculum is that innovation is a process; and that process can be learned, practiced, and honed.
Over the course of the two-day kickoff, six-week program, and two-day capstone, Intrapreneurs are guided through the steps of the innovation process.
The program combines in-person events and online, facilitated self-study, where Intrapreneurs work through real-world projects as they complete each module.
Two-Day Kickoff (at The Cable Center)
- Introduction to Intrapreneurship
- Intrapreneurship self-assessment
- Industry speakers
- Project selection with company sponsor
Instructor-Facilitated Learning (Online, 1-1.5 hours/week)
- Tailored learning modules that include articles, videos, webinars and Zoom conferences
- Ongoing interaction with and access to the instructor
Two-Day Capstone (at The Cable Center)
- Culture change and innovation
- Industry speakers and panels
- Developing an Innovation Business Plan that captures what you’ve learned, communicates a plan for action, and attracts advocates and dollars
Each Intrapreneur partners with a Sponsor within his or her organization to help navigate roadblocks and provide practical guidance.
Sponsors are essential to your success. Your sponsor will help you adjust your project as needed, move your ideas along through the proper channels, and provide a “big picture” perspective of the company and industry as a whole.
The ideal sponsor is:
- Recognized as a strong people developer
- One or two two levels above the participant (but not their direct manager)
- Able to advise participants on their innovation projects, help them understand the context and culture in which they are working, and advocate for them within the broader organization
Now accepting applicants for the 2019 class.
Class 5: May 7 – June 26, 2019
Other 2019 sessions include:
Class 6: Aug. 13 – Oct. 2
Early Bird $5,450*
*Early bird deadline: March 15, 2019
IA Registration Online