Get ready for the C5 Spring 2019 Meeting
We are delighted to announce that the C5 Spring 2019 will be hosted by GCI (General Communications Inc.) in Anchorage, Alaska. Stay tuned over the next few months, as we work with Maureen to build an exciting agenda for our next meeting.
Save the Date!
May 22-23, 2019
Here are some reasons why you don’t want to miss this next meeting in America’s last frontier!
- GCI has grown from a three-person start-up to one of Alaska’s largest private sector companies, with more than 2300 employees.
- In 2019, GCI will celebrate 40 years of delivering communication and technology services to some of the most remote communities and in some of the most challenging conditions in North America.
- GCI has the largest and most diverse network, serving 119,000 cable subscribers, 135,000 Internet subscribers, 224,000 wireless subscribers, 240+ Alaskan communities and businesses.
- GCI is committed to growing with Alaska, investing $3 billion, building where others won’t:
- More than $97 million invested in Alaska’s largest wireless network
- 1-gigabit Internet delivered to almost 80% of n Alaska’s population including Anchorage, Juneau, Mat-Su, and Fairbanks.
- $300 million investment in Terrestrial for Every Rural Region in Alaska (TERRA) network. Connects rural Alaska villages to terrestrial broadband and increased Internet capabilities, comprising 103 towers, over 3,000 miles of microwave and fiber, access for 45,000 Alaskans and four communities in western Alaska.
- GCI is a pioneer in its field, bringing telemedicine and online education capabilities to communities across the state and continuing efforts to connect the Arctic globally as well as providing strong services to consumer and business markets.
- GCI is at the forefront of telecommunications infrastructure, which is a pillar of Arctic strategy.
- GCI envisions a future where broadband is available to all communities in the Arctic and continues to work to preserve the unique cultures of the region, as well as support economic development projects such as tower construction, fiber trenching, undersea cabling, satellite projects and more.
Plan now to join us in 2019 to find out more about GCI—true pioneer that has been changing the lives of all those who live the largest and most sparsely populated U.S. state!
James M. Cox Chair and Senior Fellow
The Cable Center
Chief Customer Experience Officer